Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cooking Light

So I've been promising myself that I would post for about a month now ... but then it was Thanksgiving followed by end-of-semester projects ... followed by finals. And now I'm here. This week is strange because everyone else has finals right now - whereas mine were during dead week. SO that leaves me with a week of non-stop Sex and the City (both DVDs and book), the Sing-Off, and seeing the occasional client [somehow I'm seeing four clients this week. good thing that during the least busy week of the semester my caseload QUADRUPLED].
I've also been filling my time with a lot of cooking.
Things I've Made:
-chili
-chicken spaghetti
-chicken salad
-baked chicken and orzo
-cadillac pimento cheese
-shrimp scampi
-chocolate peanut buttery banana muffins
Funny story about that pimento cheese ... turns out, I don't like pimento cheese. So I pawned it off on Buddy and Drew who loved it so much that they asked for the recipe. One man's trash...
Pretty sure I've perfected my quick chili recipe. The first time I made it I put taco seasoning on the meat ... again, turns out I don't like the taste of taco seasoning (You know, for being a counselor I should really know myself a little better). The second time I made it I used "cheesy taco seasoning" - Oh MAN that was good. Made the meat taste less like a gross taco and more like a delicious (and classy) hamburger helper.
You know, I've really gotten a lot more bold in the kitchen. I'm less afraid to just toss in a little garlic salt or italian seasoning if I think that's what it needs (and believe me, I always think it needs garlic salt or italian seasoning). I also realized that cooking is the perfect way for me to indulge my creative side. I really like crafts, but the problem with crafts is that they crap up your space. Cooking is great because the product is basically biodegradable - it only takes up space for a short amount of time and then it disposes of itself. Additionally, people are always willing to have it pawned off on them.

*As a sidenote, my roommate made cakeballs today and I had too many...*

I have a busy night of DVRing ahead of me. I'm now TWO episodes behind on the Sing Off. SYTYCD finale (both nights). The Good Wife. Big Bang Theory. and the Office from last week. JEEZ!!! You'd think with basically NOTHING to do I would be more caught up.
Hopefully future posts will include a tour of my lack of Christmas decorations (inspired by Elyse) and debrief on television shows. Until then!

Moment of Zen:
Trigger is annoyed that in the one moment I spent with him today, I am blogging.

3 comments:

ElyseClakley said...

If Trigger had a myspace...this would be his picture. DUH-self pic trig.

Logan said...

He does look really emo.

Kristin.thompson said...

OOO! i just read this! are the muffins the same recipe i posted about a long time ago? i made those last week!!! :) soooo good.