So I started a post on Thursday night, but then Elyse came in ... and since this is a secret journal and all ... it had to remain a secret?
I went to dinner with my old roommate on Thursday at Panera. First of all, why is all the food so fake? I've never realized that until this time. Turkey shouldn't look like that. But beyond that, the talk was excellent. Truly. She and Caleb are getting engaged in like August and then married in May. That's CRAZY! But I'm happy for them.
On Friday, Buddy took me on a date, WHAT?! I know. I was shocked. We went to Bison Witches and then to the new Warren Theater to see Leatherheads. What? Leatherheads was an aweful movie... but I could stare at John Krasinski all day long.
Saturday was the BIG EVENT. My was it Big. I'll copy an IM convo I had with Jordan to explain it:
qtwithabootie587 (11:55:42 AM): so yesterday was the Big Event. It's OU's day of community service where we sign up in groups (usually like sorority/fraternity, rando clubs, etc. etc.) and then we're given a place in the OKC area (Norman, OKC, Moore, Yukon, Purcell, etc.) to go clean up or paint or something. Well ours was in Spencer, OK (tiny tiny town)...
Bigtach87 (11:56:05 AM): mhm
qtwithabootie587 (11:57:33 AM): first of all, we got lost for 35 minutes because they gave us wrong directions. it was awful, like we were driving around this scary residential neighborhood that was littered with lawn ornaments and moon bounces ... then we have to make 6,000 phone calls to find SOMEONE who knows where we are (G-phi and BYX did it together so i had to listen to know-it-all try to table captain me the entire time)
Bigtach87 (11:58:08 AM): k
qtwithabootie587 (11:59:10 AM): We finally find the place and we drive up .... and it's dirt for as far as the eye can see ... and this group of toothless black people greet us (that's not racist ... they easily could have been toothless white people and i'd still be telling this story) .... WE WERE SUPPOSED TO TILL THE FIELD AND PLANT CROPS!!!!
qtwithabootie587 (11:59:20 AM): I'm pretty sure the tables had turned and we were slaves
Then Buddy and I went to the Medieval Fair with Sonny. I thought I lost my keys so I made a big scene. They were in Buddy's car. Overall the fair was super lame. Doesn't hold a match to Scarborough Fair.
PS- my sides hurt from tilling the fields.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment