Just over a year after my last post - I'm back. My inspiration for restarting the blog is three-fold:
1. Elyse (elysesnextchapter.blogspot.com) started a married life blog. In order to leave the snarky comment that seemed necessary I had to "sign in" to google or blogger. Let's take a moment to note that this used to be a private blog. I quickly cleaned up some inappropriate statements and here we are. Public.
2. I found Kristin's (kethompson.blogspot.com) blog thanks to twitter and really enjoyed reading it. I didn't assume other people would enjoy reading mine - but I knew I would. I can always count on that.
3. I plan on working quite a bit next year (in an effort to be more like an adult) - and as we all know, I usually have nothing to occupy my time. But dammit! I'm getting my 20 hours a week if it KILLS ME! So this brings us to reason #3 = time-waster.
---------------------
Next topic: my vision has changed drastically. Like, I almost can't live my life it's so bad. As I type this I have one eye closed- and I'm quickly developing wrinkles. I can feel it. Speaking of wrinkles, are we to the age where we need to start using serious face creams? Not long ago my mom pointed out some wrinkles on my face - CONCERNING. I bet it's from squinting. I'm also incapable of using eye drops. Not coordinated enough.
---------------------
Next topic: What is it about Oklahoma thunderstorms that are so awesome? I thought about this for a long time while I sat on my porch last night. I think it's because there aren't many tall buildings around so you have clear, expansive view of the lightning. It really is incredible. I tried to take a picture of it - on my iphone - while driving. I don't think I need to explain why or how that didn't work out. I think I'd like to take more pictures just in life - especially now that I figured out how to NOT HAVE RED EYE. It only ruined a year's worth of pictures. Screw you Ashton Kutcher and your CoolPix propaganda.
---------------------
Final topic: I organized my memory box last night. It was such a good idea. I found so many things that I had totally forgotten about (just within the last 4 years). But you know what's interesting? I have next to nothing from freshman year. Further proof of my unhappiness. Everyone should have 5 years of college just because freshman year shouldn't count. No one is happy freshman year. And if you say you are - you're lying.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment