It took me an hour and a half to get through my morning work routine:
1.) Read the OUDaily and laugh at it.
2.) Find the article(s) I was laughing at on oudaily.com and post a link of facebook.
3.) Check something (could be anything) off of my to-do list on my iPhone.
4.) Catch up on Blogdom.
5.) Text Elyse about something I read and then leave a similar comment on her blog, just for good measure.
This is why I rarely have time to blog at work. Somehow in the next 2 hours I have to read 120 pages out of the MMPI-2 manual. Is this going to happen? Absolutely not.
I downloaded 2 of the best iPhone apps I've ever seen. Fake Conversation and Emojicon.
Fake Conversation will now eliminate all of those times that you're standing around in public waiting for someone and feel awkward. As the description says "It's a social lubricant in your pocket." You simply set the type of phone call you'd like to have and set the time delay for e.g. 5 minutes. So 5 minutes go by and you get a phonecall from, for example, a fellow lawyer. All you have to do is repeat what the phone is telling you:
"Hello? Hi John. No, we have a deposition that day. For the Williams case. Right. Only if opposing council agrees to it. Okay. Well you might need a written demand from the court. What else do you have? No, I think discovery precludes it..."
Genius. Other options include doctor, fashion designer, excuse to leave, animal in the house, media mogul, and wall street trader - just to name a few.
The other app, Emojicon, allows you to include emoticons in your texts. It's revolutionized the way I text. I can make sentences out of only pictures. It's about time we make that kind of progress (regression?).
Now, if you'll excuse me - I'm actually doing the PeePee dance at work.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment