I haven't written in a really long time, which is a shame because a lot of interesting events have transpired.
Quick Recap since the end of August:
1. I saw my first client. Can't really say much more than that for confidentiality reasons, but I will say that I was entirely out of my comfort zone. Please, please - can I just have a 15-25 year old??? That's all I'm asking for.
2. OU vs. BYU. What a bummer. But you know what the highlight was? All of the adults getting into fistfights in the rows in front of us. It was an awesome display of maturity, let me tell you. Drunk college students? Perfectly content. Responsible adults? Rioting. After the first man got pulled from the stands by security, I looked at Bethany and said "We can leave now. That was worth $50."
3. I purchased a boatload (dare I saw cornucopia) of food at Market Street before leaving Dallas last weekend. Why doesn't Oklahoma have grocery stores like that? Quantity and selection aside, just keep it stocked! I just want to be able to pick 2 or 3 good looking peaches - not rummage to the bottom for something that only resembles a peach.
3a. I also ate a white nectarine
3b. I was really disappointed.
4. I've become what I can only label as a master chef. Multiple times this week I ate things other than macaroni and peanut butter sandwiches. It's really happening - domestication.
More recently, like this morning, I've been thinking about how I hate to wear my hair down. I hate the way it feels, I hate the way it looks. I think my life would be a lot easier if I would just wear it down, but I can't help but think I have big triangle hair, or a big round face. I've convinced myself that I just need a side bang to alleviate some of the triangle hair - but as someone who hates having hair in her face, what could be worse than a permanent chunk of hair in the face? Nothing. I know this because it's called the years 2004-2005 in my life. And here's a great example of what happens to my side-banged hair when allowed to run free:
That's a lot of forehead space. A gap really. Which is unfortunate because if it were filled in with hair, this would be a great picture. And a great hairstyle for that matter. What a shame. *Please note the Tiffany necklace, a clear indicator of 2005.*
Another thought, why do some people read really far ahead for class assignments? It's inconsiderate. As a responsible student, I read my assignments as they are assigned so that it's fresh in my mind for discussion. However, the people that read ahead in a class about methods are really doing the rest of us a disservice because then the professor thinks we are all on that level and doesn't feel the need to explain anything. This is FALSE. Please walk me through it step by step - that's why I am here and that's why you are paid. Thank you.
Has anyone watched Glee? I need to know your thoughts (Mom, that's mostly for you). It's a big step for me to add another show to my long list of DVRs, but if it's engaging then I am happy to oblige. Speaking of DVRed shows:
#1 - Kristin, I'll be watching SYTYCD again for the fall season. I expect you will be doing the same.
#2 - GREEK. I think that's probably the best show on TV right now. I might be biased, but I'll stand by that. I was watching the second episode of the new season last night and I had the gut-wrenching realization that I am no longer in undergrad. Even though my undergrad sorority experience in NO WAY resembles ZBZ - in my own fantasy world, I am Casey Cartwright. I mean, I'm still devastated about the fact that Evan and Casey are no longer together.
Plan for the Day:
-leave work (Obviously I'm at work right now - otherwise you wouldn't be reading this)
-go to the mall
-get nails did (why? no reason)
-finish laundry
-clean countertops
-swiffer/vacuum
-pack
-leave for Dallas for BRAD PAISLEY!!!
1 comment:
thumbs up for SYTYCD! i can't wait to get past all these silly tryout episodes
Post a Comment