Thursday, September 24, 2009

Uniform Crime Report

***Regarding the title: apparently there is a cache for blog titles ... Uniform Crime Report was the first one I saw. It's entirely unrelated.

When did boot-cut jeans go out of style? I put a pair on today (because today is Casual Thursday at work; as if everyday isn't casual; and as if I didn't decide this morning that it was Casual Thursday) and milled around for 10 or 15 minutes only to decide that I felt too nerdy. It's possible that the problem is really that I can only wear dark-wash jeans. If so, when did regular jeans go out of style? It's really distressing.

I impulsively bought a fire pit last night. Well, "bought" is kind of a stretch - I used part of a Target gift card. Jessica C and I wanted to use it last night but there were a few factors that didn't add up [e.g. how do you start (build/make?) a fire?] and we wanted to go to bed early - which also didn't happen. I think my inspiration for buying a fire pit came from my really stressful day. Grad school is hard. Why didn't I realize until now? I plan on dedicate Friday through Sunday to getting caught up- so I'll be at Hastings. Just to let you know.

Dear south research campus faculty,
Visitor parking is for students who refuse to buy a parking permit. Please take your blue faculty tag and park it in the faculty parking 7 ft from the visitor parking. Thank you.

No comments: